Sunday 22 May 2011

So after 5 years I have finally finished University and since I have decided to try and avoid the real world for at least one more year I am now training full time. Sadly cycling in the rain is still as miserable- especially when it’s May.

My final race as a student/athlete was in Monterrey, Mexico for the latest round of the ITU World Cup Series. 38 degrees, swim in a man made canal which was only 1 metre deep (swim/run through the water anyone?), bike round an old racing car circuit and 10k run with no shade made for an eventful day. I ended up 19th which was an average showing.

Mexico as a whole meant a lot of travel/ a lot of jetlag/ having to change your training routes to avoid the closed of streets from the gun fight the night before/ being at the breakfast table sharing the buffet with armed policeman (there was no arguing over who was next in line)/ eating out for £3 a go and not having to wear anything else apart from shorts and vests for 5 days.

Next up is the lesser tropical Belgium next week- the only thing I know of the course is that cobbles make an appearance.

No comments:

Post a Comment